Friday, May 18, 2007

The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger


10/10 - Wow! What a truly interesting book, totally different from anything I've ever read. I love Niffenegger's perspective on the idea of time travel. It's so much more interesting than someone getting into a time machine and pushing some buttons with dates on them. Very original! What an extremely romantic story as well. Although it broke my heart. My only complaint about the book was the use of profanity. I don't have a problem with profanity in literature as long as it's befitting of the character using it. But it kills the mood when the heroine refers to her husbands genitalia as a "cock", or her own private parts as a "cunt". I've never in all my years (as an L&D nurse even) heard a woman refer to her vagina as a cunt. Ugh!! It hurts me to even type it!!

Sorry for the soapbox there! I truly did love the book, and I'm totally willing to overlook the language to recommend it to others. I just want to know why it's there. Anyway, read it!

No comments: