Sunday, January 21, 2007

Stiff: The Curious Lives of Human Cadavers


9/10 - Roach is an extremely talented writer. You'd have to be to be able to write about the topic of human cadavers with such tasteful but excessively witty humor. I was simultaneously laughing myself silly and suppressing a gag, which is saying a lot for someone who deals with all matter of bodily fluid on a regular basis. Although this book is a fascinating read, it is not for the weak of stomach. She covers all topics from the basic anatomy class dissection to cadavers used to verify the Shroud of Turin's authenticity. Body snatching to medicinal cannabilism. This book was extremely well thought out and researched. It also succeeded in not only being entertaining and informing, but it caused me to genuinely contemplate what I would like done with my remains. I'd reccommend it to anyone who dares.

2 comments:

Annelise said...

hello i read your blog for some timeandlately i ve read 'notes on a scandal [what was she thinking?]' isawonderful book if you want to add it to your list.bye

Stephanie said...

Thanks so much Annelise! I'm always looking for something new to add.