Friday, July 24, 2009

Some People, Some Other Place by J. California Cooper

5/10 - A friend lent me this book, and she loved it and was very excited about it. I wish I could say the same. At first, I didn't think it was even going to make it past the 100 page rule, but then I kinda got into the story. I really didn't like the writing style at all, and her preachy pauses were making me insane. I liked some of the characters, but there were way too many! I'd much rather get really into a few characters than read a little about 20 some different ones. The author's main point was that love was more important than money, but then at the end of the story the main character uses money to buy love for her friend. WTF! I gave it a 5 because I thought the story was okay, but I won't be reading anything else by this author.

No comments: